Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome

This is, obviously, my first post on this blog. And what a marvelous start we have: two instances of self-reference in the first sentence. One week ago, I expressed my intention of starting a blog like this one.

I still don't know exactly what this blog is going to look like, but my intention is for it to be didactic. This will require me to know things, but knowing things is exactly what I've always wanted to do. We'll see if it works. I am very serious about this.

For now, I'll be writing about organic chemistry. I want to focus on making this accessible to people. If you know basic chemistry, you should be able to follow this blog easily. If you don't know any chemistry, at all, well, you should really learn some, because it's good stuff. If something is unclear, please ask me about it and I'll try to expound on the topic. Like I said, I want this to be accessible to people. I'll also try to write some "review" posts that cover basics. I don't really have any such topics planned yet.

For those of you who don't know much chemistry or have forgotten most of what you did know, later this week, I'll make a post that will cover some fundamentals. That is all for now. I hope this blog provides some value, either for you or for myself, or maybe both of us.

Edit: I was out of the house more than I anticipated this week. I was actually planning on making two more posts here, but that number turned out to be zero. The one about fundamentals will be arriving sometime next week, though. I could have tried to do it tonight, but I'd rather make it late than inadequate.

1 comment: